- Write down everything you eat, in terms of calories.
- Write down everything you spend.
- Take a picture from the exact same spot of a construction site. Or a garden in spring.
- Measure the rainfall per day.
- Record the number of steps you take each day.
- Record the number and types of commercials during a consistent half hour of television.
- Record the number and makes of cars during a consistent half hour that go through red lights.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Keep a focused journal
One of the most powerful tools for developing a new situational awareness (and feeds into any portfolio) is recording something relevant accurately and comprehensively. For example, for one month: