One of the biggest signs that home and unschooling are necessary to jump-start innovation is seeing what schools are put up on a pedestal today.
- Suburban schools are thought to be so wonderful by people in cities.
- Private schools with seventeen students per class are thought to be so much better than the public schools with twenty-seven students per class.
- Schools with great test scores are highlighted as if they are actually preparing students for a rewarding life.
- Schools that give each student a laptop or iPad are hailed as technology visionaries.
- A teacher wears a funny costume and that makes the front page of the local paper.
Is there any hope? Of course! See 15 Models that are Better for Childhood Learning than Schools'