When thinking about planning a day, or a week, or a month, and the role of coach and peers, use the most rigorous summer camps as models more than the most rigorous schools.
This means focus on:
- teamwork as much as individual work,
- stewardship as much as self-interest,
- physical work as much as mental,
- games as much as study,
- leadership as much as compliance,
- badges as much as grades,
- learning to do as much as learning to know, and
- successful accomplishment as much as successful evaluation.